Professional Training and Background
Hi there! My name is Rebecca Fallihee and I’m a board-certified and licensed nutritionist through the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists, which sets the standard for advanced personalized nutrition. Read more about what that specifically means here. I am also a Licensed Dietician / Nutritionist (LDN) through the State of Illinois.
Prior to clinical nutrition study, I’ve worked within the realm of public health nutrition education, first at the Linus Pauling Institute (known for extensive research in micronutrients, phytochemicals, and promoting optimal health), and then through Oregon State University Extension’s Nutrition Education Program.
I came to clinical nutrition, and with a focus on endurance sports and digestive health, for both personal and professional reasons. First, after years in public health, I found I loved working with individuals and seeing health transform lives. Personally, both my health and athletic journeys began around birth, as my first and formative memories were of being on horses, active and outside most of the day, and unleashing my competitive spirit in the myriad of ways it does as a child.
Later I began running and haven’t stopped. And even before my memories began, I was challenged with digestive issues and food allergies/intolerances. Along the way from early childhood to the present, my health took a few sharp twists. I got side-tracked by an eating disorder and ultimately worked my way out of it. As I navigated through my 20’s, I re-developed several food intolerances, digestive complaints, malabsorption, autoimmune issues and long stretches of chronic pain. All of that led me to graduate school for nutrition and herbal medicine and becoming a clinical nutritionist.
You are meant to feel whole, well, and strong in your physical, mental, and energetic (whole/entire) self.
Rebecca’s focus for nutrition therapy is that:
- We work together as a team to treat root causes instead of putting band-aids on symptoms.
- We work with you as a whole person, with the acknowledgement that your entire lifestyle (eating patterns, environment, stress, sleep, activity and training load, family, social, and spiritual connections, etc.) contributes to wellbeing.
- Your diet and eating patterns are unique to you. What works for you may not work for another person. We work together to make dietary adjustments that are sustainable for you.
- You can be active and achieve your athletic goals and still heal your body – as an active person and goal-oriented athlete myself, I understand the need to push yourself in ways that sometimes contributes to the health imbalance. We work with that!
I currently work with individuals who want guidance on nutrition, particularly supporting digestive issues, fatigue, nutritional support and performance for endurance athletes, autoimmune, intuitive eating, and meeting needs on a plant-based diet. I currently live in Eugene, Oregon and offer nutrition consultations in-person at Northwest Health and Healing Center in Corvallis, as well as via distance. Today, I take an Ayurvedic approach to nutrition and eating, and you’re welcome to check out my blog for recent nutrition specific posts and recipe examples.
Credentials & Affiliations
- Licensed Dietician/Nutritionist (LDN)
- Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist® (CNS)
- Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition and Herbal Medicine (MS), Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport (PINES)
- American Nutrition Society (ANS) member
- American Herbalists Guild member
- Certified ServSafe Manager